- Mailing address: Box 425 Duncan, B.C. V9L3X8
Become a member of Cowichan Fish and Game Association.
You Need Community – Friendship – Purpose – Fun – Your Community Needs You
We welcome members new and old. Our membership year runs from January 1 to December 31 each year.
- Why did CF&G install a gate:
- To satisfy insurance requirements
- To comply with Firearms Act requirements
- To prevent further vandalism
- To improve security for shooter at the range
- What are FOBs?
- A FOB is an electronic keyfob that is used to open the security gate.
- Do I need a FOB?
- The FOB unlatches the gate and signs the CF&GA member in at the same time
- Using FOBs will reduce the paper burden of manual sign in slips
- How much do the FOBs cost:
- Key FOB price is $15 for the primary member
- Additional family or replacement Key FOB price is $10
- A FOB purchase is a one time purchase
- Where do I get a FOB?
- The purchase of a FOB is included on the membership application
- Why do I need to sign in at the range?
- The CF&GA requires ALL shooters to sign in upon arrival to the range
- The Firearms Act requires that ALL shooters sign in prior to using the range
- The insurance liability policy requires CF&GA to sign in all range users.
- Can a CF&GA member use the range without a FOB?
- A CF&GA member may use the range without a FOB but must sign in manually
- Do I need a membership card if I have a FOB?
- All CF&GA members are required to carry and display their membership cards while at the range
- Can a CF&GA member bring a guest?
- Yes, providing the guest signs in using the member’s number and pays a range fee of $10
- CF&GA members is responsible for the guest following the posted range rules
- The member MUST supervise any guest without a PAL (re: Firearms Act)
- The CF&GA member and guest must leave the range together
- Who is the Range Officer?
- The RSO (Range Safety Officer) is assigned by CF&GA to be acting RSO
- If there is no RSO present, the first CF&GA member at the range will be acting RSO until a member with more experience takes over (re: Firearms Act)
- Where do I get an application form?
- CF&GA website
- Request via email : [email protected]
- CF&GA clubhouse from the active RSO
- I used to be a member, can I just renew?
- Yes, if you held a membership the previous year.
- How do I become a New CF&GA member?
- Complete an application form
- Provide a valid PAL number
- Provide name and phone number of a reference, sign an date the application
- Submit an application form by mail, email ([email protected]) or drop off the form at the range
- Payment must accompany the application form by cheque, cash at the range or EMT to ([email protected])
- Attend a safety orientation
- How do I RENEW my previous membership?
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS :
Membership application forms are available to print and mail from the link below. If you are a new member the membership committee will review your application and be in contact with you.
Brenda Donn – CFGA Membership Committee
Membership Rates are as follows:
Single – 18 + yrs. $125.00
Family – 2 adults and children under 18 / student living as same address $150.00. Please note that there is only 1 vote per family membership as per our constitution.
Seniors (65+) – $100.00
Junior – under 18 – $50.00
Mailing address: Box 425 Duncan, B.C. V9L3X8
There have been some changes made due to requirements of the Canadian Firearms Officer. We must record for Canadian Firearms Office confidential use ONLY, PAL numbers of members. If there are multiple members with a PAL in a family membership application then all PAL numbers must be recorded on the registration form.
Please contact Brenda Donn to make arrangements to pick up your membership cards and Electronic Access Key/FOBs Email Us
A volunteer organization runs on volunteers.
Everyone is expected to contribute.
Please do what you can. Thank you.
ORIENTATION – By appointment only, please contact – [email protected]
First Sunday of the month at 1:00 PM.
Every Monday at 10:00 AM
Special circumstances for Orientation may be arranged
Orientation is Mandatory for all new members
All members must renew their Orientation every 3 years
FACEBOOK – CFGA members are encouraged to join the Cowichan Fish & Game Facebook group. Members may use this social media to post buy/sell items, hunting & fishing news, shooting news or misc ideas. JOIN US
Duncan Home Hardware
10% Discount at Duncan Home Hardware: take your membership card and say ” Cowichan Fish and Game discount please”, before the cashier starts to ring up your purchases. They may or may not ask to see your card.
- HUB Insurance
The CFGA directors have decided to purchase club liability insurance from HUB insurance.
The insurance policy from HUB does not cover liability of members using ATVs or ORVs.
HUB is offering a discounted insurance policy to club members.
HUB liability coverage includes:
Legal liability for unintentional bodily injury or property damage arising out of your personal actions from the following activities being excess personal liability
• Fishing • Lawful shooting at a range • Hunting • Archery at a range
Use of the ownership of a watercraft up to 26 feet with motors of not more than 100 horsepower.
CFGA members may purchase complete ORV/ATV liability insurance at a discount from HUB Insurance.
Click on the link below to print out an application form. For more information click on Frequently asked questions.
Mailing address: Box 425 Duncan, B.C. V9L3X8